Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Day THREE-Q & A with Gracie and Karys

Today's feature is Gracie Lou and Karys Joy!  And it just so happens that they are getting along this morning and so excited to share with you, but they are not excited to have their picture taken ;)  They are currently in the kitchen, attempting to make banana bread.  I say attempting b/c when they went to open the flour this morning they found bugs in it.  They threw it out, and went to the depot to get more, and when they started to measure it they found MORE!  So they are "stressing" and currently sifting the flour.  Gracie is persistent and meticulous...Karys is talking stressed and saying things like, "We are going to be here til noon, but don't worry, at least we can eat this bread for lunch!"  I thought about not letting them sift the flour...should we really use it?  But this whole process is just too fun to watch them do together, so we will all just take an extra probiotic today and let them make the bread :)

While they were baking, I talked with them about what they wanted their blog to be about...

"Just ask us questions, and then we will answer them and you can share that."  So, that is what we are doing!  They are baking...I am typing...and you should have something fun to read!

Q:  What are two of your favorite things about Haiti?

KJ:  "Ok, seriously...BABIES!  They are adorable and so cute and I just love helping with them.  I could sit under the mango tree and hold "A" all day long!  I also love baking.  It is just my life.  I love making my own lunch, baking bread (Ha-she seriously just said, "Take that bugs!"), and just baking cakes when my friend Wichelie comes.  Every time she comes she wants to bake a cake or something.  Oh!  Can I have three things?!  Because I just have to say my horse (Wonder) too!  Seriously, she is perfect."

Gracie:  "I love to cuddle the babies and take them for walks.  If I could stay with them all day, if you would let me, you know I would.  I also like the nursing stuff...ALOT.  I love that you are getting to do more of it.  I can do W's feeding and then help give meds to the kids who are good at it.  Don't you think it is nice that I can help you keep track of fevers and stuff?"

Q:  Where is your favorite place in Haiti?

KJ:  "Holy Smokes!  Can I pick two please?  Citadel and the beach.  Oh yeah, uh huh!!!  Citadel is so pretty and an amazing view from the top.  You can see for.ev.er!  You can see most of Haiti up there, and I also love to see all the work they are doing to it.  At the beach you can find sea glass and sea shells, and the food is a.ma.zing there!  And I love to swim and just stay in the water and soak up the sun!  Yup, it is perfect!"  (this is a quote guys...she answers so quickly and dramatically ;)  Gracie thinks and says nothing until we are finally like, "Come on, G".  Ha!)

Gracie:  "My favorite place would be the Citadel too.  I have walked the whole way to the top at least three times.  It really is a beautiful view and you can pretend you are falling off.  There used to be sky toilets you could use, but now they have a real bathroom up there that is really nice.  I also like when we get to go swimming at the Mont Joli.  I love to swim and it feels good when it is so hot.  They also have a really beautiful view and their ham and cheese grilled sandwiches are delicious!

Q:  What has been one of the hardest things about Haiti?

KJ and Gracie:  "Seeing Christine and Christina go home.  We loved them SO much and have just got to spend so much time with them.  They had the cutest smiles, were just learning how to walk, we could take them on walks or just sit and play with them for hours.  We could always dress them up and play with them and there were two of them and two of us.  Saying goodbye to babies is the WORST!  We love that they have families who want and love them...it is just hard, ya know?  We have had to say some hard goodbyes...like A or E...just seeing them is hard."

Q:  We love it when our friends and family back home...

KJ:  "VISIT!  Seriously, all I want is for someone to bring my cousin Leah for my birthday!  Or if she can't that just anyone would come for my birthday.  AA flies now and it just has to be easier and cheaper. "

Gracie: "Come to visit or send us goodies in the mail.  We love to give tours and just show people all around COTP and where we have been living and how safe and beautiful it is here!  I wish more people would come.  My birthday mail was pretty exciting!  I am so glad so many people were able to send stuff for the babies!"

Q:  What do you think God has called has called you to do in your final months at COTP?

KJ: "Take care of the babies and just love and cuddle them as much as I can.  Help in the Joy house and just be helpful for Seth and Melissa.  I could even babysit cats.  I really want one, but can't have one b/c my mom is allergic and my dad doesn't like them.  Continue to hang out with my Haitian friends, like Wichelie.  They come to play every week, so just spending time with them while we are still here."

Gracie:"Taking care of the babies and just continuing to help with the nursing stuff.  I am really excited to help Emily learn about the nursing stuff and be able to help her get to know the kids, what meds they take and why, you know, just stuff like that."

Q:  What is on your bucket list of things to do before you leave Haiti:

KJ:  "Ride my horse!  Yes, that for sure!  Spend time with babies, as much as I can!  Make some new bracelets if the internet would work.  And go to the beach and citadel a few more times."

Gracie:  "Spend time with babies, like lots of time!  Go to the Citadel and beach at least twice.  And just enjoy everyday left in the sunshine and heat before we have to move back to winter."

Alright!  That's a wrap, folks!  Hope you enjoyed this glimpse into their lives and hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment